- Cancellation or postponement
- What if I am unable to attend my test date
- Appeals process
- Special needs
If you would like to cancel your IELTS test or request to have your test date changed, you must contact us five weeks prior to your test date. An administrative fee of A$82.50 applies to all refunds and transfers.
No refunds or transfers will be awarded without five weeks prior notice.
Depending on your scenario, you have the following options.
If you are unable to attend your test date due to serious illness, you may transfer to another date.
To be eligible, you must provide the following items to the IELTS test centre, no later than five (5) days after the test date:
- completed Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form (PDF, 64Kb)(opens in new window)
- supporting documentation
- transfer fee — $82.50
- original receipt.
Refunds are not normally given for failure to attend a test. Refunds will only be considered in the following cases:
- hospitalisation (serious illness or injury)
- bereavement (loss of a close family member)
- trauma (victim of crime), or
- military service.
To be eligible, you must provide the following documents to the IELTS Test Centre, no later than five (5) days after the test date:
- a completed Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form (PDF, 64Kb)(opens in new window)
- supporting official documentation
- administration fee — $82.50
- original receipt.
If you have a medical reason for not attending your test, your Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form (PDF, 64Kb) must be completed by your doctor and include the medical practice's stamp, accompanied by a medical certificate and original receipt.
If your refund is denied, you may be offered another test date upon payment of a transfer fee. Please read the Refund/Transfer Request Information for Candidates (PDF, 35.8Kb)(opens in new window) for more information.
Please note that an upfront payment is required, which will be refunded if the appeal is upheld. Appeals need to be lodged at the IELTS Test Administration Centre. To be considered, you must:
- complete the IELTS Enquiry on Results Form (PDF, 39Kb)(opens in new window)
- attach your original Test Result Form
- submit payment of A$176 for one or more modules (this will be refunded if your appeal is upheld).
Appeals should be finalised within six to eight weeks from date of submission.
Our centre can accommodate a wide variety of special needs. Please inform us at the time of your application or at minimum, six weeks prior to your test if you have any special requirements to enable you to sit the test. For modified materials such as braille or large print, three months notice is required.
To be eligible for special needs requests, you must provide original documentation from a specialist to support your circumstances. Letters from general practitioners will not be considered.