Take the first steps to becoming a UWSCollege international student. Browse through our international courses and choose the right course for you.
Make sure you carefully read the *UWS International Academic Requirements(opens in a new window) (particularly the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Entry Requirements table) and ensure you meet them before applying. This will streamline the application process to improve your chances of acceptance into UWSCollege.
* The information in the publication is correct as at 18 October 2012. The University of Western Sydney reserves the right at all times to vary information within this publication.
Apply in five simple steps
- Complete a International Student Application Form (PDF, 464Kb)(opens in a new window).
- English proficiency level
- academic qualifications
- birth certificate or passport.
- Attach certified copies of:
- Ensure that you have read and understood our policies.
- Sign and date the declaration on the application form.
UWS International Admissions
University of Western Sydney
Building ES, Parramatta Campus
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751
fax it to +61 2 9685 9314
email it to email@example.com(opens in a new window)
submit your forms to UWS International via a UWS Agent Representative(opens in a new window).
- Mail the application to:
You will be advised in writing of the outcome of your application. If you are successful, you will receive a personalised Offer Pack, including an "Offer of Admission" stating the course offered, tuition fees, costs for compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), orientation details, course commencement dates and other important information. An "Offer Acceptance Agreement" form will also be included in the International Offer Pack (PDF, 1.1Mb)(opens in a new window).
If you apply for a formal course of study with us but are waiting to receive results of current academic or English studies, we may make you a "Conditional Offer of Admission". When you receive the final results for your current studies, send certified copies to UWS International Admissions and we can then send you a final Offer of Admission.
Pay the total fees as listed in the Offer of Admission Letter (see payment details in Step 4). Send the following documents to UWS International Admissions (see contact details in Step 1):
- completed Offer Acceptance Agreement form
- proof of payment (please include the UWS student ID number quoted on the Offer of Admission with your payment)
- the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) Request and Payment Advice form
- an Application for Homestay/Airport Pick-up(opens in a new window), if required.
A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) letter will then be sent to you confirming details of your course enrolment.
Your payment must be made:
- payable to the University of Western Sydney
- in Australian Dollars
- making reference to your name and student ID number.
- credit card
- telegraphic transfer from an overseas account or direct deposit bank transfer in Australia to UWS (a copy of the transfer must be attached to your acceptance form). UWS bank account details are provided with your Offer of Admission Letter
- Australian bank cheque made out to The University of Western Sydney (the cheque must be attached to your acceptance form).
Please use the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) Request and Payment Advice form in your International Offer Pack (PDF, 1.1Mb)(opens in a new window) to make your payment.
You must obtain a student visa before leaving your home country.
The Australian Diplomatic Mission in your home country will explain the visa requirements for Australia. More information may be obtained from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (opens in a new window).
Students under 18 years
Any student under the age of 18 who is not residing in Australia with a parent, or a person who has legal custody of them, must have a guardian. In order to ensure that students under the age of 18 years are properly supervised both inside and outside school during their study period in Australia, UWSCollege requires that a responsible adult be nominated to supervise each student. We can arrange guardianship through our guardianship provider. For more information, please contact Student Services(opens in a new window).
If you come to Australia as an overseas student on a student visa, you should be aware that you will be required to pay full fees for any of your school-aged dependants who accompany you and who are enrolled in either a government or non-government school in Australia.
Information about the enrolment and fees for temporary visa holders and dependants of overseas students may be obtained from:
Department of Education and Communities (DEC)
DEC International Students Centre
827–837 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 2 8289 4777
The Australian Government has produced a description (opens in a new window) of the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework which all prospective students should read. This description is available from the Australian Education International website(opens in a new window).
There are currently several subclasses of student visa that cover the whole study program, or particular courses.
You can "package" your visa to cover all of your English courses and academic studies (see below), which makes studying in Australia less expensive and less complicated. This means that, whether you are enrolling in two courses or studying a UWSCollege pathways course and then a degree at University of Western Sydney, a single visa will cover it all
UWSCollege Pathways Packages
A UWSCollege Pathways Package will simplify the administrative requirements of your visa.
The following combinations of UWSCollege courses can be covered by a single visa:
- English + University Foundation Studies
- English + Diploma
- English + University Foundation Studies + Diploma
- University Foundation Studies + Diploma.
To apply for a UWSCollege Pathways Package, complete the UWSCollege International Student Application Form (PDF, 463.92 KB)(opens in a new window) and follow the How to Apply procedures.
UWSCollege + University of Western Sydney Pathways Packages
Courses at UWSCollege and courses at the University of Western Sydney can be packaged together in a single visa.
The following UWSCollege and UWS courses can be packaged together for your visa. There is no UWS application fee with these packages:
- University Foundation Studies + Undergraduate Degree
- Diploma + Undergraduate Degree
and, if the English requirement has not been met, the above packages can be offered with a UWSCollege English course as follows:
- University Foundation Studies + Diploma + Undergraduate Degree,
- English + Undergraduate Degree
- English + Postgraduate Degree.
To secure a place at University of Western Sydney, you must pay UWS a deposit of AUD$2000 when you pay your UWSCollege course tuition fees. UWS will hold the AUD$2000 until your university study commences and it will then be deducted from your first-semester fees at UWS.
You will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) letter for the UWSCollege course, and a CoE letter for the UWS course.