The University of Western Sydney (UWS) licenses UWSCollege as its agent to manage and teach its academic programs. Students undertaking Academic Pathways Programs are UWS students.
University Foundation Studies prepare you for study in a university environment. On successful completion of University Foundation Studies, you gain direct entry into the first year of the equivalent Bachelor Degree program at UWS.
When you apply for University Foundation Studies, you must select a stream of study that is linked to your preferred university undergraduate degree.
The University Foundation Studies Standard (Two Terms) Course is designed to be completed in eight months. This course includes orientation, teaching, study and examination weeks.
Your choice of study specialisation is your link to your preferred university undergraduate program. You can choose one of the following specialisations (click on the name of the specialisation for a list of units studied and a description of each unit):
- Arts (opens in a new window) (for students who wish to study Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Psychology, Education or Languages)
- Business (opens in a new window)
- Health Science/Nursing (opens in a new window)
- Information and Communications Technology (opens in a new window)
- Science (opens in a new window) (for students who wish to study Science or Engineering).
For further details of these specialisations, see the following information brochures:
- Arts (PDF, 723.52 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Business (PDF, 723.52 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Engineering (PDF, 157.96 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Health Science/Nursing (PDF, 162.06 KB)(opens in a new window)
- Information and Communications Technology(PDF, 164.22 KB)(opens in a new window), and
- Science (PDF, 162.85 KB)(opens in a new window).
To be eligible for entry, you must have completed Year 11 (with superior grades) or Year 12 or equivalent.
Your application will be based on your ATAR.
Each application is given individual consideration. If additional criteria are to be assessed, you will need to provide this to UWSCollege Admissions.